Cooking Classes using Locally Sourced Ingredients
Discover new recipes and fun culinary techniques from the Master Chefs of the Sandbar, Beach House and Mar Vista Restaurants. These hands-on cooking lessons will feature locally sourced sustainable items and fresh summer flavors to create delicious menus.
Classes are from 11 am – 2 pm-ish and are $99 per person – Sign up for all 9 and get one class free!
Price includes all ingredients, recipes, hands-on cooking lesson, lunch and a wine or cocktail pairing. Have fun learning and meeting new friends as you enjoy your creations in a family style lunch.
Receive a special “Culinary Art” apron to take home!
“Culinary Art” Cooking Class Calendar:
June 7, 2018
Stocks and Sauces with Rich Demarse, Sandbar Executive Chef
Chef Rich will teach you the simple basics and some tricks of the trade for making a stock along with some delicious, versatile sauces.
- Chicken and Dumplings
- Shrimp and Cheese Grits
- Irish Cream Gelato from Anna Maria Island Creamery
June 14, 2018
Sushi – Let’s Roll! with Rich Demarse, Sandbar Executive Chef
It’s all about the roll. Chef Rich will show you some innovative ways to make this ancient style of cuisine.
- Sushi Rolls with Wasabi & Pickled Ginger
- Green Tea Ice Cream
June 21, 2018
Eggs, Eggs, Eggs! with Erik Walker, Mar Vista Executive Chef
Chef Erik will surprise you with all the delicious ways you can use eggs to create one-of-a-kind dishes using farm fresh eggs.
- Soft Scrambled Eggs with Black Summer Truffles & Parmesan
- Sous Vide Eggs with Noodles, Broth, and Herbs
- Poached & Fried Egg with Bacon Vinaigrette, Over Mixed Local Green Salad
June 28, 2018
The Summer Grill with Erik Walker, Mar Vista Executive Chef
Re-discover a summer pastime, grilling! We will discuss grilling techniques for different proteins, which charcoals to use, as well as gas vs. charcoal grilling.
- Grilled Fish with Vegetable Quinoa Salad
- Grilled Chicken with Chimmichurri & Vegetable Quinoa Salad
- Grilled Flank Steak with Horseradish Cream & Vegetable Quinoa Salad
July 5, 2018
Fish & Poultry with Erik Walker, Mar Vista Executive Chef
Learn everything you need to know about filleting and deboning fish & poultry, while discovering new and exciting ways to incorporate these proteins into your daily recipe repertoire.
- Sauteed Chicken with Salsa Verde & Garden Salad
- Pan Seared Fish with Wild Mushrooms & Couscous
- Crispy Skin Duck with Cherry Gastrique Over Stone Fruit Salad
July 12, 2018
Comfort Food Favorites with Will Manson, Beach House Executive Chef
There’s no place like home! Chef Will shows you how to put some new twists on some old classics.
- Soy Braised short ribs
- Braised Red Cabbage
- Lamb Stew
July 19, 2018
Ala Minute – Prepared to Order with Toffer Jacob, Sandbar Sous Chef
Discover French style cooking using local ingredients from the farm to the sea.
- Local Clams in Spicy Tomato Sauce with Sausage and White Beans
- Chicken Piccata
- Bananas Foster
July 26, 2018
Let’s Party! with Will Manson, Beach House Executive Chef
Learn how to be the hostess with the mostest! Give a dinner party and actually be able to enjoy it with your guests. Our friendly mixologist will be mixing fun cocktails too!
- An assortment of land and sea hors d’ oeuvres, noshes, and cocktails will be made
August 2, 2018
Vegan Dinner with Rich Demarse, Sandbar Executive Chef
More veggies please! Discover new ways to make farm fresh vegetables interesting and delicious.
- Red Quinoa with Sweet Corn, Marinated Tomatoes, Basil and Thyme
- Eggplant Ravioli with Cashew Cheese and Raw Marinara Sauce
- Grilled Summer Squash with Chimichurri Sauce and Fresh Cilantro
- Mango Sticky Rice